Botox is a safe, effective way of reducing wrinkles on the face and preventing new ones from forming.
Do you want to quickly take years off of your face–without surgery? Botox Cosmetic may be an ideal fit for you. It’s a well-studied injectable treatment that significantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
Botox is one of the most popular services we offer at our Greenville, SC office. Book an appointment today if you’re ready to try it for yourself!
What Is Botox?
Botox, or botulinum toxin type A, is an injectable that helps improve the appearance of facial lines, wrinkles, and creases caused by repeated facial expressions, sometimes called dynamic wrinkles.
This FDA-approved cosmetic treatment prevents nerve activity in the areas where injected, relaxing your muscles and thus reversing signs of aging in the face. It can be also used preventatively to stop wrinkles from forming in the first place.
Botox Cosmetic can be used to target:
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles at the outer corners of the eyes)
- Forehead lines (lines on your forehead caused by raising your eyebrows)
- Glabellar lines (lines between the eyebrows, AKA frown lines)
What Can You Treat With Botox Injections?
Because of the unique characteristics of the botulinum neurotoxin, Botox has a number of potential uses, both cosmetic and medical. The FDA-approved uses for Botox are:
Wrinkle reduction and prevention
Botox improves the appearance of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines to give you a more youthful appearance. It can also prevent facial wrinkles; if you’re interested in preventative Botox, it’s a good idea to start in your late 20s or early 30s.
Prescription Botox can also be used for muscle spasms in the neck. It works by preventing nerves from signaling to the spasming muscle.
Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Botox injections can inactivate overproducing sweat glands. They’re typically performed on the underarms and palms
Botox is also approved for use in people with an overactive bladder to reduce the constant urge to use the bathroom.
Botox may also be used to help correct lazy eye or strabismus. It freezes certain muscles around the eye to help correct the alignment of the affected eye.
Botox blocks the signaling of nerves that causes migraines. It’s injected at various points around the scalp and neck to alleviate pain and reduce frequency of migraine events.
Why Choose Advanced Cosmetic Surgery?
Advanced Cosmetic Surgery is a premium care provider for all your surgical and non-surgical cosmetic needs in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson, SC area. Here’s what you can expect from the very first time you contact our office:
- Award-winning care: Advanced Cosmetic Surgery is led by Dr. Thomas McFadden and Dr. Peter Felice, both board-certified plastic surgeons.Dr. McFadden has won numerous awards in the Upstate and Dr. Felice is an accomplished researcher.
- Professional and friendly staff: Under the leadership of medical director and plastic surgeon Dr. McFadden, our entire staff is professional, friendly, knowledgeable and ready to help you feel more confident and comfortable in your skin.
- Outstanding results: Our clients are consistently impressed with their results and their entire experience with Advanced Cosmetic Surgery. One recent client says, “From the surgery itself to the post-op appointments, I have felt supported and listened to by all the staff! I loved that when I did have questions, I could call… and talk to Dr. Felice, Dr. McFadden, or Laura the nurse practitioner directly. I can’t be happier with my results. Would highly recommend!”
Our expert Botox injectors look forward to helping you achieve the look that you want!
Ideal Candidates for Botox
Good candidates for these treatments are adult men and women who want to reduce or prevent:
- Facial wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Glabellar lines (“elevens”)
- Platysmal banding (vertical neck lines)
- Smile lines
Botox can also treat:
- Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating
- Lazy eye
- Neck muscle spasms
- Overactive bladder
However, you should not use Botox if you’re pregnant or nursing, are allergic to the botulinum toxin, or have a neuromuscular disorder.
Before & Afters
Botox results appear quickly. You may notice changes in as little as one or two days, and the full effect of the treatment will be noticeable after 2 weeks.
What to Expect from Your Botox Treatment
Botox is simple and quick. Your provider will map out exactly where to place the injections–often, at the exact site or sites of your wrinkles, pain or other symptoms.
They’ll then administer a series of injections at these predetermined points. The injections feel like a small, quick pinch–you can request a numbing cream if you’re worried about discomfort. Afterward, you may have some small bumps at the injection sites that subside in 20-30 minutes.
Recovery and aftercare
There is no downtime or recovery time associated with Botox injections. As soon as you leave the office, you can resume your normal activities and your typical skincare routine.
For the next 24 hours, do not rub or massage the areas where you received your injections; this can cause the botulinum toxin to migrate and affect your results. For the same reason, avoid intense exercise for 24 hours after Botox.
Cost of Botox in Greenville, SC
The cost of Botox treatments depends on a number of factors, like how many areas you want to treat with each session and how many units of Botox you’ll need.
Schedule a consultation at our Greenville, SC office for a customized quote based on your skin care goals and budget.
There are a number of other cosmetic injectables that offer similar benefits, but that may be a better fit for you for one reason or another. These include:
- Dermal fillers: These injectable gels reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but they can also be used as lip fillers and as a way to help optimize your facial contours. They may last longer than Botox.
- Jeuveau: Jeuveau is a neurotoxin that also paralyzes the facial muscles to prevent frown lines. It’s generally less expensive than Botox.
- Xeomin: This Botox alternative is considered less likely to create a tolerance in your muscles, making it ideal for long-term use.
At your consultation, we’ll help you determine which solution is ideal for your skin goals.
Book Your Botox Consultation at Our Greenville, SC Location
Ready to see what Botox can do for you? Book an appointment at our Greenville, SC office today, and we will work with you to form a treatment plan to help you achieve the look you want.
How long does Botox last?
Botox lasts for 3–4 months before its effects begin to wear off. At that point, you’ll need regular touch-up appointments to maintain your new look.
What are the common side effects of Botox?
The most common side effects of Botox include swelling, bruising, and redness. These side effects are typically mild and resolve quickly.
Who shouldn’t get Botox?
You shouldn’t get Botox if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have a neurological disorder or if you’re allergic to cow’s milk.
What age should you start Botox?
There’s no single answer. For preventative Botox, many providers recommend starting in your late 20s or early 30s, especially if you’re wrinkle-prone. But you can achieve beautiful results no matter when you choose to start receiving Botox.