- A mini facelift is cosmetic surgery that tightens and firms the jawline and neck for a more youthful appearance.
- It’s most effective for people with jowls, loose neck skin and lack of jawline definition.
- Results may last for up to 10 years.
A modified version of a traditional facelift, the mini facelift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that repositions the lower half of the face and neck with a mild effect on the cheeks. Offering a shorter recovery time than a traditional facelift, this surgery rejuvenates your profile, creating a more sculpted jawline, smoother neck and defined chin.
If you’re in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson area and considering a mini facelift, book a consultation with one of our experts at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery. As the leading facial surgeons in Upstate South Carolina, we would be pleased to put our decades of facelift expertise to work for you!
Mini Facelifts at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
A mini facelift, also called jawline tightening with platysmaplasty, is an effective option for anyone with loose skin primarily around the jawline and neck or an undefined or double chin.
How it works
To perform a mini facelift, the surgeon will first make incisions either just behind or in front of the ears. He will then pull the facial skin upward and back, repositioning it for a tauter appearance, and will remove any excess skin. An additional incision is made below the chin to tighten the platysma muscle and remove excess skin and fat from the middle of the neck. Lastly, he will remove any excess neck skin before closing the sutures with stitches.
What can a mini facelift address?
A mini facelift addresses many of the common signs of aging in the lower half of the face and neck, including:
- Double chin
- Lack of jawline definition
- Marionette lines (from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Neck wrinkling
- Vertical neck bands
Why Choose Us for Your Mini Facelift?
When choosing your plastic surgeon, it’s crucial to find someone with extensive expertise to ensure the best possible outcome. Here’s why Advanced Cosmetic Surgery is your destination for mini facelifts in the Greenville area:
- We’ve been performing safe, effective mini facelifts in the Upstate for two decades
- Our founder Dr. Thomas McFadden is a multiaward-winning surgeon
- Dr. Peter Felice has extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery, including maxillofacial (face and jaw) surgery
- Our entire surgical and aesthetics team is board-certified, licensed and fully trained
- We work closely with each patient to ensure their precise needs are met!
Before and After Photos
Please note the patients featured in these images may have undergone other treatments in conjunction with a mini facelift. This photo gallery does not guarantee that everyone who undergoes a mini facelift will obtain these or similar results.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Mini Facelift?
The best candidates for a mini facelift are men and women in good health with minor to moderate malposition of tissue around the jawline and neck.
Smoking and diabetes are known risk factors that increase the chances of complications. Other medical conditions will be evaluated on a case by case basis
The best way of finding out whether you’re a good candidate for a mini facelift is to reach out to us. Dr. McFadden or Dr. Felice are ready to discuss your eligibility and will develop a solution that will thrill you!
What to Expect Before, During and After Your Mini Facelift
Despite its name, a mini facelift still constitutes major surgery with a fair amount of preparation involved. You may undergo a full examination and lab tests to ensure you have no underlying conditions that could complicate the procedure.
Several weeks before the operation, eliminate alcohol, tobacco and all blood-thinning medications, including ibuprofen and aspirin, as they can increase the risk of bleeding and slow the healing process. Be sure to follow all other instructions from your surgeon and his office as well.
This operation takes about 2 hours, during which you’ll be given an oral sedative and local anesthesia. Afterward, you’ll be monitored in our recovery room for several hours until you are cleared to go home.
After a mini facelift, you can expect pain, bruising, swelling and numbness. You’ll feel well enough to work 1–2 weeks post surgery. While you recover, you should not exercise or perform any strenuous activities until your surgeon gives you permission.
About 7 days after your procedure, you’ll have a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to have your stitches removed. However, you may continue to experience some discomfort afterward, including bruising, tightness and numbness.
The results of your mini facelift will be fully visible 2–3 months after the procedure, at which point the swelling will have completely subsided and the skin adapted to its new position.
Mini facelift results may last for approximately 10 years.
Alternatives to a Mini Facelift
If you decide that facelift surgery isn’t right for you, or if for any reason you’re ineligible for the procedure, we offer several noninvasive services that address common signs of aging on the face and neck.
- Kybella: It’s more appropriate for anyone with excess pockets of fat rather than skin under the jaw.
- Fillers: Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to plump sagging skin, contour the jawline and lend an overall more youthful look to the face.
- Laser resurfacing: This procedure uses powerful beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin and encourage new, healthy growth from the lower layer up to rejuvenate your appearance.
- Radiofrequency procedures – InMode’s facial treatments contour and improve the appearance of the face and neck to more defined facial characteristics and a younger, brighter appearance. During treatment, radiofrequency energy is delivered to remodel skin, fat and tissue, as well as address signs of aging, irregularities and pigmentation. The most in demand zones include the eye area, forehead, cheeks, mouth, jowls, and neck. InMode’s facial contouring procedures provide visible, natural results to the face and neck.
How Much Does a Mini Facelift Cost?
The cost of a mini facelift depends on many factors, including the severity of skin laxity being addressed. For more details on our pricing, please contact us.
Book Your Mini Facelift Consultation
Ready to discover how a mini facelift can get rid of your sagging jowls and loose skin? If you’re in the Greenville area, book an in-person or virtual consultation with one of our surgeons at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery! Dr. McFadden and Dr. Felice are available to answer all your cosmetic surgery questions and develop a plan that fits your needs.
Mini Facelift FAQ
Is a mini facelift safe?
Mini facelifts are considered a safe surgery with less downtime required than a traditional facelift. However, all surgeries do carry certain risks. Potential complications include:
- Asymmetrical results
- Nerve damage
- Prolonged swelling
What’s the best age to get a mini facelift?
While everyone ages differently, many people start to consider this surgery in their early 40s. There is no upper age limit for the procedure, provided you are in good enough health to undergo the surgery.
Why don’t mini facelift results last as long as traditional facelifts?
Because the changes to your face in a mini facelift are less dramatic, the natural aging process will diminish these results more quickly. A traditional facelift may last 15 to 20 years, especially with concurrent laser resurfacing. A mini facelift may last up to 10 years. However, this procedure involves less time on the operating table, scarring and recovery time.