A personalized set of cosmetic procedures designed to help a woman address common effects of childbearing and aging on the face, breasts, and body and restore or improve upon her pre-pregnancy appearance.
Most mommy makeover procedures are some combination of a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast enhancement. Depending on your goals and the issues you want to address, you may want to combine more than one of these surgeries.
Mommy Makeover at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
Tummy tuck surgery, or abdominoplasty, creates a firmer, smoother profile by removing excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen.
This procedure can also help restore weakened abdominal muscles and resolve diastasis recti. To do so, your plastic surgeon will place sutures in the abdominal muscles to create a tighter contour.
Liposuction, also known as suction lipectomy or fat suction, works well in conjunction with a tummy tuck. This surgical procedure utilizes a special suction technique that removes unwanted fat from the abdomen, arms, neck, hips, thighs or buttocks. It’s ideal for body fat that is unresponsive to healthy diet and exercise routines and shouldn’t be used as a weight loss method.
There are multiple breast surgery procedures to achieve breast enhancement, depending on your goals. A breast procedure can correct breast volume, symmetry (including areola appearance) and overall comfort. These options are ideal for women who want to lift, firm and enhance their breast size post-pregnancy.
Some of the breast enhancement procedures we offer are:
- Breast augmentation, also known as breast implants, for deflated or asymmetrical breasts
- Breast lift, or mastopexy, for sagging breasts
- Augpexy, a combination of a breast lift and augmentation
- Breast reduction, which achieves a smaller breast volume
Other plastic surgery procedures may be included as part of your mommy makeover. These include:
- Body Contouring
- Botox or Injectable Dermal Fillers
- Facelift or Mini Facelift
- Lower Body Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Vaginal Rejuvenation and Labiaplasty
Why Choose Us for Your Mommy Makeover Surgery?
Our team of board-certified plastic surgeons, skilled aesthetic practitioners, nurse practitioners and registered nurses are here to support your aesthetic goals.
- We use state-of-the-art techniques and technology in a welcoming, comfortable environment.
- Our leading-edge laser equipment, surgical suite, procedure rooms and recovery rooms exceed the nation’s highest certification standards.
- We’re certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
- Thomas C. McFadden, Jr., MD, MBA, FACS is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Drug Enforcement Agency and the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- Peter A. Felice, MD is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Get in touch with our team to learn more!
Before and After Photos
Are You A Good Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?
Wondering whether you’re an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover? You may be a fit for this combination of surgical procedures if you:
- Have unwanted changes to your body after childbearing
- Don’t intend on another pregnancy
- Are in good health
- Are at or near your ideal weight
Once you’re cleared for your procedures, you’ll work with your plastic surgeon to determine the best options for your unique needs. You may choose to address loose abdominal skin, stubborn fat deposits, deflated breasts or other issues that aren’t responding to your exercise regimen and healthy diet.
What to Expect During Your Mommy Makeover Surgery
The cosmetic procedures involved in a mommy makeover are major plastic surgeries that require preparation and plenty of downtime for recovery. Here’s what you should expect.
There’s time and effort involved in the preparation process for any kind of major plastic surgery. At your initial consultation, your plastic surgeon will order blood work and lab tests to ensure you’re in good health. They’ll also go over your medical history and potentially adjust any current medications or prescribe new ones.
For the best possible outcome, your doctor will ask you to stop smoking and consuming alcohol for at least two weeks prior to surgery. You’ll also need to avoid taking herbal supplements and anti-inflammatory medicines.
During your procedures, which typically last for several hours, you’ll be under general anesthesia. Your plastic surgeon and their team will monitor your vital signs, such as blood pressure and heart rate, to ensure your wellbeing throughout the process.
You’ll wake up in a recovery room, where you’ll be monitored for several hours before being released. Oftentimes, cosmetic surgery procedures are outpatient, but you may need to stay overnight depending on which procedures you undergo. In either case, due to the aftereffects of general anesthesia, you’ll need a ride home from a loved one.
The recovery period for each surgical procedure varies, so you’ll need to follow your doctor’s specific instructions for each one during aftercare. This will involve:
- Taking any antibiotics you are prescribed
- Caring for incisions and/or drainage tubes as instructed, including changing bandages and applying topical medications
- Wearing compression garments as directed
- Taking pain medication as needed for comfort
- Avoiding exercise, heavy lifting and strenuous activity for up to 6 weeks
- Following a special diet as prescribed by your plastic surgeon
- Performing self-massage for breast implants as instructed
- Attending follow-up appointments to ensure a smooth recovery
Expect to experience bruising, swelling, soreness and tightness in the first week after your mommy makeover surgery. Otherwise, your doctor will provide you with extensive aftercare instructions to help the process go as smoothly as possible. Be sure to diligently attend your follow-up appointments as you recover.
It could take several months to see the final results of your mommy makeover procedures. That’s because your body requires time to acclimate, and you’ll need to wait for any swelling to go down for your silhouette to fully adjust. You can expect to have surgical scars, which will fade over time, although they may not disappear completely.
Your mommy makeover results could include:
- Flatter, more toned abdomen
- Fuller, more symmetrical breasts
- Reduced excess skin and fat deposits
- Tighter, more youthful-looking skin
Visible results from mommy makeover procedures can last for many years, provided you avoid weight gain and do not become pregnant again.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of a mommy makeover varies depending on many factors. Your unique needs and specific combination of plastic surgery procedures will determine the final cost. Make an appointment to find out more.
Book Your Consultation
Ready to book your custom mommy makeover? If you’re in the Greenville, SC area, we’d love to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. Schedule your in-person or virtual consultation today!
Mommy Makeover FAQ
How long does it take to recover from a mommy makeover?
While exact recovery times aren’t guaranteed, there are approximate time frames you can expect to have downtime.
- Tummy tuck: up to 6 weeks
- Liposuction: 2–3 weeks
- Breast enhancement: up to 4 weeks
How long before I see visible results from my mommy makeover procedures?
The amount of time before you’ll see results varies, especially if you’re having multiple mommy makeover procedures. Here’s an approximate estimate of when you can expect to see final results:
- Tummy tuck: 6–12 months
- Liposuction: up to 3 months
- Breast enhancement: up to 3 months
Do I need to lose weight before I schedule a mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover cosmetic procedures aren’t meant to be used as a substitute for healthy weight loss. Instead, they remove stubborn excess fat and skin that doesn’t respond to diet and exercise. Get in touch with our team to learn more about your options.