High definition liposuction refers to advanced techniques in liposuction to sculpt the body and enhance the natural muscular of the trunk and extremities.
- High-definition (HD) liposuction is a leading-edge body sculpting surgery designed to maximize muscle definition.
- It’s best suited for people at a stable weight who want to get rid of stubborn fat and gain a more toned appearance.
- HD liposuction results can be permanent, provided you maintain your weight.
Do you have a healthy diet, lifestyle and weight but still can’t get as toned as you’d like to? HD liposuction is an advanced fat removal procedure that defines muscles to levels unattainable by earlier techniques. Gain the confidence of knowing you look your absolute best!
If you’re in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson area, Dr. Thomas McFadden and Dr. Peter Felice would be pleased to share their decades of expertise and help you achieve a more sculpted look. Book a consultation at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery to find out if this procedure is right for you.
HD Liposuction at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
HD liposuction picks up where other types of liposuction leave off. This highly precise technique generates results far more dramatic than other liposuction methods because it targets the deepest layers of fat on the body using a smaller cannula. It also takes longer to perform than traditional liposuction and requires greater surgical expertise.
How it works
HD liposuction is a surgical operation requiring general anesthesia. During this procedure, the surgeon uses a tiny cannula and suction to remove fat cells in a meticulous process from around your musculature. If desired, the fat may be injected elsewhere on the body; both techniques serve to enhance muscle definition. This procedure can be performed on multiple areas of the body at once, and is most commonly used to define the abdomen and chest.
Why Choose Us for HD Liposuction?
HD liposuction is a highly technical procedure that can only be performed by the most expert plastic surgeons using advanced equipment. Because of the precision required, you should choose a reputable clinician who can perform symmetrical, well-proportioned sculpting that suits your unique body.
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, you’re in good hands:
- All our HD liposuction procedures are performed by our medical director and founder, Dr. McFadden, or experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Felice.
- Dr. McFadden is the recipient of numerous awards including the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons’ 10 Best Plastic Surgeons for South Carolina and is a five-time winner of the Patient’s Choice Award.
- Both doctors have extensive surgical training backgrounds and are board-certified.
- All our staff and anesthesia personnel are fully certified.
Who Are the Best Candidates for HD Liposuction?
HD liposuction is performed on men and women of all ages. The ideal candidate is already at a stable, healthy weight but has areas of unwanted fat around the body that won’t shed with diet and exercise.
To be a good candidate for this procedure you must:
- Be in good health
- Be a non-smoker
- Have a healthy, active lifestyle
- Have a solid underlying musculature
If you’re not sure whether you qualify for this surgery, the best way to find out is to talk with us!
HD liposuction helps you carve out a lean physique and eliminate fat that no amount of training and dieting will correct. Often performed as a procedure called “abdominal etching,” this procedure can be performed on the abdomen to get you closer to six-pack abs, super-defined boxer’s muscles and shredded obliques.
But the benefits don’t stop there. In fact, one of the biggest advantages of HD liposuction is its incredible versatility. This procedure can be performed almost anywhere on the body including:
- Calves and ankles
- Chin and neck
- Hips, flanks and thighs
- Upper arms
What to Expect During Your HD Liposuction Surgery
You’ll be under general anesthesia for the duration of the operation, which can last anywhere from 1–4 hours. The length of the procedure depends on how many areas you’re having treated, how much fat is being removed and whether you’re also undergoing a fat transfer.
After surgery, you’ll need to take time off work and your usual activities to rest for 7–10 days. Expect some bruising, tenderness and swelling. During that time, you’ll wear a compression garment, which reduces swelling and helps blood circulate, allowing your body to heal faster.
After 2–4 weeks, you can usually resume light activity and exercise. Don’t return to your usual workout routines until you have clearance from your surgeon.
If you maintain your presurgery lifestyle, the definition you achieve from HD liposuction will be long lasting. However, weight gain and pregnancy will affect the longevity of your results.
Before and After Photos
Please note the patients featured in these images may have undergone other treatments in conjunction with HD liposuction. This photo gallery does not guarantee that everyone who undergoes HD liposuction will obtain these or similar results.
Results from your HD liposuction procedure will take several weeks to appear while your body recuperates and the swelling subsides. Full results will develop within 1–3 months.
Complementary and Alternative Treatments
Not sure if HD liposuction is right for you, but still interested in a body sculpting solution? We can offer several other options:
- Tumescent liposuction: This more standard form of liposuction can reduce unwanted fat from almost anywhere on the body; it has a shorter recovery period and does not require general anesthesia, but it can’t provide the same level of muscle definition.
- Abdominoplasty: If you’re dealing with excess skin and fat on the lower stomach, an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck may be right for you. This outpatient procedure trims your waistline and is especially effective for people who have recently undergone major weight loss or who have a sagging stomach post pregnancy.
- CoolSculpting: For those unwilling or unable to undergo cosmetic surgery, CoolSculpting is a 100% noninvasive alternative. The procedure involves freezing and destroying fat cells using a patented device; fat cells are naturally expelled from the body, leaving you with a slimmer look.
How Much Does HD Liposuction Cost?
HD liposuction is considered the most highly technical type of liposuction that requires advanced, specialized equipment and more experience; therefore the cost is higher than other forms of liposuction. For details on our liposuction prices, give us a call.
Book Your HD Liposuction Consultation
Ready to unleash your new, shredded look? Book your consultation at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery to speak with the most qualified plastic surgeons in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson area. Discover how HD liposuction can highlight and enhance your natural shape.
HD Liposuction FAQ
Is liposuction safe?
Liposuction is considered very safe. However, it is a surgery and all surgeries are associated with a certain amount of risk. Possible complications include bleeding, contour irregularities, fluid accumulation and numbness. To reduce your risk of complications, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in HD liposuction specifically, such as Dr. McFadden or Dr. Felice.
Will I have visible scars?
Liposuction incisions are generally about 5mm long. They are generally imperceptible and heal so well in most patients that they are a non-issue. However, results cannot be guaranteed.
What happens if I gain weight after liposuction?
If you gain weight post-surgery, you’ll do so proportionately all over your body. Although HD liposuction does remove a high percentage of fat, any remaining cells may grow in size as you gain weight producing a disproportionate look between the operated and unoperated areas.